Facebook Messenger for iOS has been updated to version 5.0, and with that comes the ability to share videos, the ability to take photos within the app, and improved search, among other things. You can download the updated app at the App Store now, and the full changelog is listed below.
- More ways to message: Everything’s front and center, so it’s easier to send photos, voice messages and more.
- Video: Send videos from your phone’s camera roll and when people send you videos, play them right in the app.
- Instant photo sharing: Take a photo and send it in just one tap, without leaving the conversation.
- Shortcuts to stickers: When someone sends you a sticker, press and hold down on it to get the pack.
- Improved search: Enter the names of people and groups to find them quickly.
- Other fixes: including to stickers and groups.
The update should be rolling out to the Facebook Messenger Android app later this week, but user who have enrolled in Facebook’s Beta program have had these updates for a while. The Beta version of the Android app, while less stable, gets updates much earlier and more frequently.
What do you think of this update? Let us know in the comments.