It can be quite frustrating to purchase a computer device only to realize that it is not compatible with your computer’s operating system. The problem can normally be solved because the device is usually accompanied by a CD of drivers. But in case you have misplaced the CD, or the drivers for your OS are not on the CD, try giving DriverMagician Lite a go.
DriverMagician Lite is a free driver backup utility for Windows operating systems (98 / SE / ME / 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / 7 / x64). The program, as the name suggests, is lightweight (1.6MB); you can use it to look for drivers for uninstalled devices or for devices with obsolete drivers. You can even use Lite to save a backup of all your device drivers; this can be immensely helpful in the case you are about to reinstall Windows – you can easily restore drivers from the backup Lite creates.
Driver Magician Lite has a user friendly interface with easily understandable controls. Troubleshooters can make use of Lite’s portable version which they can carry around in their flash drive.
- Very lightweight – does not hoard up system’s resources.
- Automatically locates your installed and uninstalled devices.
- Helps create a backup of your device drivers.
- Searches for new drivers for uninstalled and installed devices.
- Backups can be particularly helpful when reinstalling Windows.
- Also read related articles: Backup your drivers with DriverBackup 2 [Windows] and 3 Useful Software to Backup Your Hardware Drivers In Windows.
Get DriverMagician Lite @ www.drivermagician.com/Lite.htm