Google Book Search, as you know, is a large online repository of books. You can enter a query and Google Book Search will search within the book and return you the results. You can then see a preview of the book and read it.
Some books are available in their entirety, some have limited previews and the others have no previews at all. It so happens that often one needs only a topic or two from a specific book. While the Internet is a good source and has plenty of free ebook sites, I have quite often seen people trying (unsuccessfully of course) to copy-paste, save images or take screen shots of Google Book search results. In this post I am going to show you how to download books from Google Books search.
So, if you have been in a similar situation where you badly wanted a page or two of the book, try the Google Books Downloader.
- Just download, extract and run the application (make sure you have .NET 3.5 on your system).
- Go to the Google Books page for the book you want to download.
- Copy and paste the book code of the book you want to download.
- Click the “check” button to check if GBD finds the required book and returns the available pages.
- Click the “download entire book” button. GBD will now download the book. The number of pages downloaded will depend on the number of pages that are available. If the entire book is available like those in the public domain then GBD will download the entire book.
- Once the download has completed, you can save the book as a PDF file by clicking on the “Save Book” button.
Now read the book! Of course you can use the application to download books that were not supposed to be downloaded. So you are advised to download the books with caution and at your own discretion. The download takes quite some time to complete so you may have to wait a little before you can reap the benefits of a downloaded book!
Do you like to read public domain books? Did you ever try download books from Google Books search result page previously? How did you do it? Share with us in the comments!