The threat of getting malware or being a victim of a phishing scam is through third-party widgets on popular networking websites. These widgets can leave tracking cookies and can potentially track your browsing and report it back to a main station. Here to block such tracking cookies is a tool called Disconnect Me.
Disconnect Me is a tool for the Google Chrome browser that helps ensure the privacy of the user. The tool installs into your browser and fights tracking cookies while maintaining a record of the cookies that it has blocked. The app lets you remain logged into your services without your activities being tracked e.g. your search queries are no longer connected to your Google account. The number of cookies blocked are shown in a drop down menu that can be accessed by the extension’s icon in the top right.
- A user-friendly browser extension.
- Works with Google Chrome.
- Blocks cookies.
- Keeps tracks of blocked cookies and shows count.
- Similar tool: Widget Block.
- Also read related article: How To Block All Facebook Widgets & Buttons Throughout The Web.
Check out Disconnect Me @ www.disconnect.me