Whether you are a computer user or an application developer, custom icons can be of great use to you. Computer users can employ custom icons to personalize their computer whereas developers can use icons for their future projects. The web has countless resources for custom icons. One such service that is extremely easy for computers users and developers alike is DefaultIcon.
DefaultIcon is a free developer icon set that contains a collection of many icons. Many of these icons can be viewed at the website.
The entire icon collection on the site can be downloaded through a ZIP file sized at nearly 3.6MB. When we extract this archive, we can obtain icons in GIF and PNG formats. The icons are categorized into folders according to their dimensions. Sizes range from 16×16 to 256×256.
Along with GIF and PNG, the EPS (Adobe Illustrator format) source files are also available; therefore developers can customize icons molding, re-coloring, and resizing them without losing any quality.
- .EPS format makes it easy to customize icons the way you want to without loosing image quality.
- You can recreate new icons out of these ultimate icon source files.
- Icons are neatly packed in a relatively small sized ZIP archive.
- Regular computer users as well as developers can take advantage of the website.
- Similar tools: Icones.pro, Iconizer, FindIcons and IconsPedia.
- Also read similar articles: The 5 Best Free RSS Icon Sets For Your Website, 8 Icon Search Engines For That Perfect Graphic Symbol and Get Cool Website Icons and Buttons For Free At IconFinder.
Check out DefaultIcon @ www.defaulticon.com