Would you like to have more power over your wall? The following user scripts will help you to tweak your Facebook wall to de-clutter and simplify it!
Note: All the three user scripts listed here to declutter Facebook have been tested on FireFox (through Greasemonkey). They should also work on Google Chrome.
1. Simplified Facebook
Simplified Facebook adds a new box to your Facebook wall that enables you to easily filter out certain updates from your wall:
- Remove likes,
- Remove new friendships,
- Remove applications,
- Remove links,
- Remove photos,
- Remove applications.
2. Remove Facebook Right-Column
: While the above script lets you filter out irrelevant updates from your stream, this one lets you move focus to your wall updates. It removes the right column that contains pokes, events, “People you may know” and other things that clutter your home page:
3. Better Facebook
Better Facebook is the most advanced script of all reviewed here. Whether it makes Facebook experience simpler or more complicated is for you to decide but some of its options do turn really effective to declutter your Facebook home page:
1. Use powerful feed filters to remove certain updates from your wall. Better Facebook “Feed filter” feature gives you access to multiple options which can change your Facebook stream completely. For example, you can:
- Hide / minimize / move / apply certain CSS to… all updates from any friend of yours (to stop hearing from him without “un-friending”);
- Hide / minimize / move / apply certain CSS to… all updates of a certain type (links, notes, friends tagged in a video or photo, application updates, etc, etc)
- Hide / minimize / move / apply certain CSS to… all updates from a certain application;
Mind that using filters may slow down Facebook while posts are being processed. Using many filters may cause increased slowdown on slower computers.
2. Easily remove certain boxes: Better Facebook allows you to disable many of the boxes that appear in the right sidebar, including those that Better Facebook adds itself:
- Just clicking the “X” to remove any panels you no longer want to see.
- You can also click the header title of any box in the right panel to “collapse” it without removing it completely!
3. Mark as read and /or mute certain updates: if some of the threads seem to be taking too long or you just want to mark something as read to archive it, use the tool’s Gmail-like “Mute” and “Mark as Read” options available for each individual post as well as for all the visible threads via the control panel:
Are you aware of any more tricks to simplify your Facebook experience? Please let us know in the comments!