|Check out some of the latest MakeUseOf discoveries. All listed websites are FREE (or come with a decent free account option). No trials or buy-to-use craplets. For more cool websites and web app reviews subscribe to MakeUseOf Directory.|
(1) [NO LONGER WORKS] EscapeMyDate – Handy Twitter application for those times when you find your self in unwanted situations (lame party, boring meeting or less-than-stellar date) you would rather not be in. It can help you escape them by requesting one of your Twitter friends to call you out.
(2) ezyZip – Simple web application for easily zipping and unzipping files online. Unlike previously profiled online archive tools ezyZip doesn’t require user to upload files to the server. It runs as a java applet inside your browser and archives files locally, making it much quicker and easier to use. Read more: ezyZip – Zipping and Unzipping Files In Your Browser
(3) DriveSafe.ly – Mobile app with a noble purpose – help drivers avoid touching the phone in order to reply to text messages while driving. Yes, it introduces the concept of hands-free texting while driving. It reads the text messages and emails aloud and can also automatically respond to them to let your contacts know you are driving. Read more: DriveSafe.ly – Hands Free Texting While Driving
(4) WildlifeFinder – If watching wildlife and natural world videos is your thing then make sure to add WildlifeFinder (UK only) to your bookmarks. It is a new web resource form BBC where you can watch quality wildlife videos online for free. WildlifeFinder comprises a huge collection of high quality natural history videos extracted from BBCs archive. Read more: WildlifeFinder – Watch Wildlife Videos Online
(5) Trademarkia – This resource provides a comprehensive database of US registered trademarks since 1870. It allows new and existing businesses to search through every trademark registered in the US and see if they’re breaking any laws. Read more: Trademarkia – Search US Registered Trademarks
These are just half of the websites that we discovered in the last couple of days. If you want us to send you daily round-ups of all cool websites we come across, leave your email here. Or follow us via RSS feed.