|Check out some of the latest MakeUseOf discoveries. All listed websites are FREE (or come with a decent free account option). No trials or buy-to-use craplets. For more cool websites and web app reviews subscribe to MakeUseOf Directory.|
(1) FromABirdie – Interesting online service that provides an original way to commemorate someones special occasions. It allows to create a group gift album of letters written by friends, family or colleagues. Read more: FromABirdie – Create A Group Gift Album Of Letters From Friends
(2) Verbosus – Web based LaTex editor that lets you generate and preview PDF documents directly in your browser. It comes in handy whenever an academic document with bibliographies is needed. There is no download or installation. Read more: Verbosus – Web Based LaTex Editor
(3) Camelizer – Browser add-on for Firefox users which can track product price trends on Amazon, Newegg, BestBuy and other online retailers. When you’re browsing a supported retailer website i.e. Amazon, click on the Camelizer tab and it will show you the price history chart of the product. Read more: Camelizer – Easily Track Product Price Trends & Changes
(4) [NO LONGER WORKS] Bing xRank – Tool developed by Microsoft to track celebrity popularity ratings on Bing. These famous people could include musicians, movie stars, bloggers or politicians. It ranks them in accordance with their search popularity on Bing and creates dedicated pages for them which shows search volume related to them, their biography, images, news and videos.
(5) [NO LONGER WORKS] ShowtimeFu – Website which helps you find the movie times at local theaters. Currently US only, this site has a simple interface where you are first asked to enter a city name or a zip code and then click search. Once you do that, you get movie showtimes on the right and filtering options on the left.
These are just half of the websites that we discovered in the last couple of days. If you want us to send you daily round-ups of all cool websites we come across, leave your email here. Or follow us via RSS feed.