|Check out some of the latest MakeUseOf discoveries. All listed websites are FREE (or come with a decent free account option). No trials or buy-to-use craplets. For more cool websites and web app reviews subscribe to MakeUseOf Directory.|
(1) The Inflation Calculator – Nowadays, the dollar don’t have the same buying power as it did, say in 60′s, when a new home would cost you around $30,000. And the reason is ““ inflation. To find out how the value of the US dollar changed over time, check out this Inflation Calculator. Read more: The Inflation Calculator – See Value Of US Dollar Over Time
(2) LiftMagic – This fun online tool can take your photo, do some magic with it, and then show how you would look like after a massive plastic surgery face lift. While the result are questionable, it’s still an interesting app for those contemplating about plastic surgery on their face. Read more: LiftMagic – See How You Would Look Like After Cosmetic Surgery
(3) Brainshark – Cool web tool for enchaining your presentations online. It lets you upload PowerPoint presentations, videos, image slideshows or documents and effectively increase their interactivity by adding voice narrations. Read more: Brainshark – Add Voice to Powerpoint & Word Docs
(4) TimeMe – Free web-based timer and stopwatch for your web browser. It can be used to time meetings, class tests or any other events. Due to its huge display it can be easily used in conference rooms with many people or classrooms with students. Read more: TimeMe – Large Display Stopwatch Online
(5) DirProtect – If you are worried with snoopers viewing your web files, then you should definitely use DirProtect. As the name implies, this dead-simple tool protects your web directories by generating .htaccess and .htpassword files. Read more: DirProtect – Online .htaccess and .htpassword Generator
These are just half of the websites that we discovered in the last couple of days. If you want us to send you daily round-ups of all cool websites we come across, leave your email here. Or follow us via RSS feed.
More articles about: