|Check out some of the latest MakeUseOf discoveries. All listed websites are FREE (or come with a decent free account option). No trials or buy-to-use craplets. For more cool websites and web app reviews subscribe to MakeUseOf Directory.|
(1) [NO LONGER WORKS] Honk – New social network for car buyers. It uses existing networks like Facebook (Facebook) and MySpace (MySpace) for organized opinion gathering. By using both platforms, users can get valuable info about cars from their friends and family members on the social networks they already use.
(2) Mobile-OK-Checker – Simple online tool for webmasters that tests mobile friendliness of any website. It runs few tests checking website on variety of parameters including its page size, network, markup, page structure, layout, style sheets, images etc. It then generates a detailed report where each point is clearly explained. Read more: Mobile-OK-Checker – Check If Your Website Is Mobile Friendly
(3) Typekit – Crafty web design tool that gives you quick access to online library of free and commercial fonts. All Typekit fonts are hosted online and can be easily added to your site. You can find fonts by browsing through tags and styles, choose from serif, sans serif, script, and exotic styles. Read more: Typekit – Online Font Library For Your Website
(4) [NO LONGER WORKS] FluShot – Flu shot locator from Google, created especially for this flu season. It helps you find nearby locations for both seasonal and H1N1 vaccinations. Simply visit the site, click on the “Change location” link, type in your address, and Google will display the seasonal (red marker) and H1N1 (blue marker) vaccination locations in your area.
(5) [NO LONGER WORKS] YouScrobble – New website that have cleverly combined YouTube music videos with the data from Last.fm to create a great place to find high quality music videos along with other features and related info.
These are just half of the websites that we discovered in the last couple of days. If you want us to send you daily round-ups of all cool websites we come across, leave your email here. Or follow us via RSS feed.