|Check out some of the latest MakeUseOf discoveries. All listed websites are FREE (or come with a decent free account option). No trials or buy-to-use craplets. For more cool websites and web app reviews subscribe to MakeUseOf Directory.|
(1) KnowYourMeme – This site archives web culture and stuff (videos, images, news and discussions) which has gone viral. The homepage has a featured meme database which shows thumbnails of popular memes. When you click on a thumbnail, it takes you to the meme page which is basically a one-stop page for all the latest information about that topic. Read more: KnowYourMeme – Internet Meme Archive
(2) PaperSpan – If you come across lots of interesting web pages during the workday that are unrelated to actual work, but would love to check them some other time, PaperSpan can help you out. It provides a browser bookmarklet that allows to save webpages online to read them later.
(3) [NO LONGER WORKS] TaffyBox – Cool torrent search engine that lets anyone search and download torrents without BitTorrent client installed. It provides a browser based Java applet that runs in your browser and downloads files for you. Perfect for people who find the usual BitTorrent clients too complicated to use. Read more:
(4) [NO LONGER WORKS] MakeMyRingtone – Mobicious powered web utility that allows you to upload a song from your computer, turn it into a ringtone and then get it delivered to your cellphone. The application is free and there is no sign up. Read more:
(5) [NO LONGER WORKS] Tracked – If you are into tracking companies, stock and executives then there couldn’t be a better and comprehensive site than Tracked.com for that purpose. The site, which was launched recently, features a huge database of businesses and their employees, their financial information, latest news about them, their stock growth and much more. Read more:
These are just half of the websites that we discovered in the last couple of days. If you want us to send you daily round-ups of all cool websites we come across, leave your email here. Or follow us via RSS feed.