|Check out some of the latest makeuseof discoveries. All listed websites are FREE (or come with a decent free account option). No trials or buy-to-use craplets. For even more app reviews subscribe to makeuseof directory.|
(1) TemplatesWise – Online directory of free downloadable PowerPoint templates and backgrounds that you can easily download and use in your presentations. Users may browse templates by category (Abstract, General, Nature, Finance etc), by tags, by popularity or search with keywords. Read more: TemplatesWise: Free Downloadable PowerPoint Templates & Backgrounds
(2) TvCalculator – Screen size comparison tool where you can enter the dimensions for up to 4 screens and visualize them side by side. In addition to providing visual comparison, the app also gives you detailed info, such as viewable image dimensions, screen utilization (%), pixel density and equivalent sizes. Read more: TvCalculator: TV Screen Size Comparison Tool
(3) TypingWeb – Free web service for these who want to learn touch typing. The site provides a variety of interactive tutorials to learn quick typing for all levels (beginner, advanced, special). To begin, simply select the tutorial you want and start typing. Read more: TypingWeb: Learn Quick Typing Online
(4) [NO LONGER WORKS] Voyij – Allows you to find the best travel offers and deals for the destination you plan to visit. The deals include sales offers for flight tickets, hotels and vacation deals. Unlike similar travel search engines, it looks for deals only for the destination you are traveling to.
(5) Zoomerang – This site lets you create and send out a survey within minutes and without any technical knowledge. The site lists variety of survey templates which make it easy to fill in your questions. Using Zoomerang’s free account, you can create unlimited surveys with up to 30 questions in each survey and send them to up to 100 people.
These are just half of the websites that we discovered in the last 3-4 days. If you want us to send you daily round-ups of all cool websites we come across, leave your email here. Or follow us via RSS feed.