|Check out some of the latest makeuseof discoveries. All listed websites are FREE (or come with a decent free account option). No trials or buy-to-use craplets. For even more app reviews subscribe to makeuseof directory.|
(1) AddressBookOnline – Web based address book for keeping all your contacts and addresses in one place online. The site has a simple interface and makes adding your contacts along with address details really easy. All entered entries are auto-categorized alphabetically. Read more: AddressBookOnline: Web Based Address Book
(2) Facesaerch – Google Image based face search engine which pulls only pictures with people’s faces. It’s very useful if you want to search for people faces within a certain context such as “Funny”, “Aghanistan war”, “Barack Obama inauguration” etc., and anything else you can think of. Read more: Facesaerch: Face Search Engine
(3) Hoax-Slayer – This website helps you expose scams and common internet hoaxes including bogus warnings, email chain letters, phishing emails, charity giveaways, celebrity death news and other type of hoaxes which are hard to verify on the spot. Whenever you receive an email about something that you aren’t sure about, make sure to visit the website and see if it’s been reported by someone earlier. Read more: Hoax-Slayer: Expose Scams & Hoaxes
(4) Online Image Splitter– Online utility that lets you slice large scale images into a smaller segments without losing quality. This may come in very useful in cases when you need to make pictures load faster, link different parts of the image to different webpages, or simply prevent people from stealing them. Read more:
(5) Sleeves – Fancy weather forecast application which simply informs you what type of shirt you should wear today: long sleeves, short sleeves, go sleeveless, and wear 2-layers (both). All you need to do is enter the US zip code and then click on “GO” button. Read more: Sleeves: See If You Can Wear Short Sleeves Today
These are just half of the websites that we discovered in the last 3-4 days. If you want us to send you daily round-ups of all cool websites we come across, leave your email here. Or follow us via RSS feed.