|Check out some of the latest MakeUseOf discoveries. All listed websites are FREE (or come with a decent free account option). No trials or buy-to-use craplets. For more cool websites and web app reviews subscribe to MakeUseOf Directory.|
(1) AfterTheDeadline – Online spell and grammar checking site where you can paste the text you are working with and check for spelling errors, grammar mistakes or get style suggestions. There is no download or registration required. Read more: AfterTheDeadline: Ouick Grammar Checking Site
(2) Ambiently – This search tool semantically connects web pages of similar or related meanings together and lets you discover related websites which have more information about the content of the web page you are browsing. You can get the Ambiently bookmarklet on your browser (only Firefox, Safari, Opera or Chrome) and click on it anytime you visit a site to get a list of related stuff. Read more: a href=”http://www.makeuseof.com/dir/ambiently-related-websites/”>Ambiently: Discover Related Websites In One Click
(3) iCyte – Browser add-on that lets you highlight text on a web page and save only the highlighted portion, annotate it and add relevant tags. You may also organize these bookmarks into separate projects and share them with others. Read more: iCyte: Highlight Text On A Webpage & Save It Online
(4) [NO LONGER WORKS] ProfileGreeting – Web service that allows you to record personal audio greetings and then add them to your blog, online profile or website. The application lets you record as many greetings as you like, however you can only have 3 audio recordings on your account at any given time.
(5) tgethr – Simple email collaboration tool which lets you easily collaborate with a group of people on projects via email. You basically set up projects and then send replies to emails. Read more: tgethr: Simple Email Collaboration Tool
These are just half of the websites that we discovered in the last couple of days. If you want us to send you daily round-ups of all cool websites we come across, leave your email here. Or follow us via RSS feed.