|Check out some of the latest MakeUseOf discoveries. All listed websites are FREE (or come with a decent free account option). No trials or buy-to-use craplets. For more cool websites and web app reviews subscribe to MakeUseOf Directory.|
(1) BigCartel – This site allows artists, bands, crafters and other non-tech people easily create free online store and sell their stuff. It is very easy to setup and lets you focus on your products instead of worrying about things like merchant accounts, server configuration, software installation and other technical details. Read more: BigCartel: Create Online Store For Free
(2) Dotter – Dotted background generator that lets you create dotted backgrounds for use on your website or design project. The site doesnt’ require users to register and creating backgrounds is really easy. Read more: Dotter: Dotted Background Generator
(3) OpenLibrary – Comprehensive book cover database that aims to profile every book ever published, including the translated versions. It already lists over 20 million published books in multiple languages, including full text for 1 million scanned books from public domain. Read more: OpenLibrary: Extensive Book Cover Database
(4) Postal Code Lookup – Web application which lets you search for postcodes worldwide. It provides you with an accurate post code information for almost any country, and also shows you the correct address formatting rules. Read more: Postal Code Lookup: Search For Postcodes Worldwide
(5) WhyDoWork AdSense Monitor – Handy Firefox add-on which enables you to monitor your Google AdSense earnings right in your Firefox browser. Once installed and setup with your Google AdSense account details, it gives you real-time AdSense performance reports right in your browser status bar. Read more: WhyDoWork AdSense Monitor: Monitor Google AdSense Earnings Right In Your Browser
These are just half of the websites that we discovered in the last couple of days. If you want us to send you daily round-ups of all cool websites we come across, leave your email here. Or follow us via RSS feed.