|Check out some of the latest MakeUseOf discoveries. All listed websites are FREE (or come with a decent free account option). No trials or buy-to-use craplets. For more cool websites and web app reviews subscribe to MakeUseOf Directory.|
(1) [NO LONGER WORKS] Collecta – Unlike Google, Bing or any other traditional search engine, Collecta searches what’s happening right now. When you enter a search term, it looks through social media content like blog posts, comments, news articles, Twitter updates, Flickr photos etc, and only shows results that have been posted after you started your search.
(2) EventBrite – Web service that helps you organize ticketed events, promote them and sell tickets online. It makes it easy to publish your event on the web by creating a customized event web page and maximize attendance by promoting it online via its free online tools. Service is free if your event is free, and if you sell tickets for a price, Eventbrite collects a small fee on each ticket sold. Read more: EventBrite: Organize Ticketed Events & Sell Tickets Online
(3) LifeTango – Goal-sharing and tracking website where you can set goals and monitor progress. You may set others’ goals as yours if it inspires you. Also share your goals with family and friends for encouragement and support. Search the Tango community and find others who either have already or are trying to do the same things you’re trying to do and share advice, encourage each other, and more. Read more: LifeTango: Goal Sharing & Tracking Tool
(4) PicFog – This site provides a real-time search for images shared on Twitter. Using it, you will be able to search and browse latest images on any topic. The relevance of image results are based on how frequently they have been shared and discussed on Twitter. Search results are automatically updated with the newest images as they posted on Twitter. You can always pause the auto-refreshing by clicking the “pause” button or view image results in a slideshow. Read more: PicFog: Search For Images Shared On Twitter
(5) [NO LONGER WORKS] ReSubj – Simple group discussion application accessible from both browser and email. Simply create an inbox with a message, add recipients and start your discussion. Participants may post or reply to a message in the inbox using browser or email. No sign up, only emails required. It has got some cool options, like threaded comments and private inboxes.
These are just half of the websites that we discovered in the last couple of days. If you want us to send you daily round-ups of all cool websites we come across, leave your email here. Or follow us via RSS feed.