|Check out some of the latest MakeUseOf discoveries. All listed websites are FREE (or come with a decent free account option). No trials or buy-to-use craplets. For more cool websites and web app reviews subscribe to MakeUseOf Directory.|
(1) TravelEtiquette – Online destination for travel etiquette tips where you can learn interesting things about different cultures and find out how to behave when visting different countries. It tells you what you need to know when visiting places where customs and traditions are vastly different from the ones you’re used to back home. Read more: TravelEtiquette: Travel Etiquette Tips For Worldwide Travel
(2) ffonts – Free fonts directory which provides you with an amazing collection of cool text fonts. It enables you to search and browse for a wide range of fonts based on categories and alphabetical listing. You can see details about each font like encoding, version and view the font in upper and lower cases. Read more: ffonts: Free Fonts Directory
(3) gdgt – Community-driven, Wikipedia-like site for electronic gadgets. It includes information on more than 8,000 popular gadgets with hundreds of new products added every day. The products on the site are reviewed, rated and edited by only by its users. It is more convenient to get information on any gadget here, in one place, than surfing through different review websites online. Read more: gdgt: Wikipedia For Electronic Gadgets
(4) Tripntale – New website which allows travelers to easily showcase and share travel photos, journals, videos and more. It’s like a social network for travelers where you can see the places people have visited by going through their pictures, videos, maps and comments. The best part – it offers unlimited storage. Read more: Tripntale: Share Travel Photos, Videos & Journals
(5) [NO LONGER WORKS] VirtualMirror – Website which lets you upload the photo of your face and then try different spectacle frames online. The concept is not 100% perfect, but still can help you decide what type of spectacle frames you should be looking for.
These are just half of the websites that we discovered in the last couple of days. If you want us to send you daily round-ups of all cool websites we come across, leave your email here. Or follow us via RSS feed.