|Check out some of the latest MakeUseOf discoveries. All listed websites are FREE (or come with a decent free account option). No trials or buy-to-use craplets. For more cool websites and web app reviews subscribe to MakeUseOf Directory.|
(1) Bookmaplet – This is an address mapping bookmarlet for your browser. It allows you to quickly view a map of any physical address you come across online without having to leave the page you are on. Read more:
(2) GrungeTextures – Online resource that lists free collection of high quality background textures focused mainly on weathered and worn surfaces. Anyone can download and use them without restrictions. The site lets you search images, browse them by categories and also view popular and latest additions. Read more: GrungeTextures: High Quality Background Textures
(3) Milo – Shopping site which focuses on offering real-time product availability information from local retailers including Wal-Mart, Target and BestBuy in 30,000 towns across the United States. Consumers can check the availability of desired products at local stores, filter the results by stores, brand or prices and compare them to find the cheapest and the best item for themselves. Read more: Milo: Check Real Time Product Availability At Local Stores
(4) Symbols – Website where you can easily look up symbols and read their meanings. It currently lists around 2500 western (both modern and ancient) symbols organized in 54 categories. Read more: Symbols: Look Up Symbol Meanings
(5) SlideServe – Web service where you can upload PowerPoint presentations and then easily share or embed them on the web. Once you upload the presentation, it is converted into a Flash video and all the text from slides is extracted into a separate transcript which is displayed on the same page below the video. Read more: SlideServe: Upload and Share PowerPoint Presentations
These are just half of the websites that we discovered in the last couple of days. If you want us to send you daily round-ups of all cool websites we come across, leave your email here. Or follow us via RSS feed.