|Check out some of the latest MakeUseOf discoveries. All listed websites are FREE (or come with a decent free account option). No trials or buy-to-use craplets. For more cool websites and web app reviews subscribe to MakeUseOf Directory.|
(1) HousingMaps – Craigslist and Google Maps mashup that lets you search and find places for rent and sale in major US cities. The application pulls housing listings from Craiglist and presents them on clean map interface. You can browse listings by a city name or simply use a map to zoom in on a particular location. Read more: HousingMaps: Find Places For Rent & Sale in US
(2) Legistalker – Web service that lets you track the latest online activity of US legislators (congressmen, senators) in one place. You can view what they have voted on (motions, amendments, resolutions etc.), browse news mentions in online media sources (newspapers, blogs, magazines, YouTube videos) and follow their Twitter updates. Read more: Legistalker: Track Activity of US Congressmen & Senators
(3) midi2mp3 – Free online MIDI to MP3 or WAV converter provided at HamieNET.com. Here you can convert MIDI files to MP3/WAV audio files, which you can then burn onto a CD, import into a flash movie and for other uses where MIDI files are restricted. No need to sign up or download anything. Read more: midi2mp3: Free Online MIDI to MP3/WAV Converter
(4) SugarStats – Website that allows anyone with diabetes to manage, share and track blood sugar levels online. It has a simple interface to enter and access data from anywhere. Users can keep a record of foods, medications and activities, create graphs and trends to better understand diabetes development, view and add entries from cellphone, and exchange messages with family and diabetic support squad. Read more: SugarStats: Track Blood Sugar Online
(5) [NO LONGER WORKS] Talon – New online screen capture tool form Aviary. Using it you can instantly capture screenshots of almost any web page you want. It is simple to use and has a bunch of cool additional features.
These are just half of the websites that we discovered in the last couple of days. If you want us to send you daily round-ups of all cool websites we come across, leave your email here. Or follow us via RSS feed.