|Check out some of the latest MakeUseOf discoveries. All listed websites are FREE (or come with a decent free account option). No trials or buy-to-use craplets. For more cool websites and web app reviews subscribe to MakeUseOf Directory.|
(1) ColorSchemeDesigner – Online color scheme picker for your website or any other design project. The best thing about this tool is that it gives you a huge number of options both while choosing the color scheme and while previewing it. Color options range from mono, complement, triad etc, adjusting the scheme for brightness and contrast and previewing it in different formats, there are many other options to choose from. Read more: ColorSchemeDesigner: Online Color Scheme Picker
(2) Meeting-Ticker – If you ever need a meeting cost meter to calculate the exact cost of your meetings, check out the Meeting-Ticker. It works just like a taxi meter, you simply enter the hourly wage and set the time. The meter will start as soon as you push the “Start” button. The Meeting-Ticker can be used to calculate the costs of both one-to-one or group meetings while they take place. Read more: Meeting-Ticker: Meeting Cost Meter
(3) [NO LONGER WORKS] ThePhotoStream – Website which delivers buzz and newsworthy content to the users through a rich, eye-opening photo interface. If you are done reading news as a bunch of text then you will find this site’s visual interface to be appealing. The home page of the site shows images of different sizes displayed together. When you hover the mouse on an image, you can see the news content on the footer of the page.
(4) [NO LONGER WORKS] TrackMyPeople – Free online time tracker that allows you to easily track your time, as well as your employees’ if you manage a team. The multi-user functionality is what separates this from other such free tools like Toggl, TimeTracker, MyHours etc. It also offers cool features like integrated calendar, extensive graphical reports, desktop widgets and a comprehensive online time-sheet for you and your employees.
(5) UnifiedSearch – Firefox add-on that unifies popular search engines like Bing, Wolfram, Wikipedia, Delicious and Stumbleupon in one place and lets you compare side-by-side with Google. Once you have it installed, simply go to Google and search for something. On the search results page, you should see a toolbar displaying different search engines. Clicking on the particular engine will open results from that engine next to the search results from Google. Read more: UnifiedSearch: Unified Search Engine Comparison Tool
These are just half of the websites that we discovered in the last couple of days. If you want us to send you daily round-ups of all cool websites we come across, leave your email here. Or follow us via RSS feed.