|Check out some of the latest makeuseof discoveries. All listed websites are FREE (or come with a decent free account option). No trials or buy-to-use craplets. For even more app reviews subscribe to makeuseof directory. Want to submit your application to MakeUseOf directory ? See how here.|
(1) [NO LONGER WORKS] Docx Converter – Simple tool to convert .docx document (Microsoft Office 2007) to an html file so that it can be opened on any computer.
(2) eBookHood – Convert text files, RSS feeds and webpages to iPod and other portable device readable formats. Read more: eBookHood – Convert Text, Webpages, RSS Feeds to iPod Format.
(3) FiveSecondTest – This online tool helps you easily carry out simple usability tests. It presents the viewers with the image of your choice for five seconds and then requests each of them to note down the elements they saw. Read more: FiveSecondTest – Test Your Website’s Effectiveness & Usability.
(4) [NO LONGER WORKS] Mashface – Here you can create small video clips (upto 60 seconds) where you choose an image of a celebrity, politician or a rockstar and then use your webcam to add some hilarious video effects plus your voice to the entire thing.
(5) Shrink2One – Take a bunch of regular weblinks and convert them into a single short URL that can be easily shared over IM and Twitter.
(6) Smushit – Optimize images for the web and reduce the size without compromising on visual quality. This site is like an online version of “Save for Web” feature in PhotoShop which is meant to optimize photos for online sharing. Read more: Smushit – Optimize Images For Web Without Losing on Quality.
(7) Soshiku – Assignment tracker for students. It keeps track of when your assignments are due and can notify you via email or SMS.
(8) Trapster – Free tool which creates maps of speed traps on the roads and alerts you on your mobile whenever you are approaching one.
(9) Vi.sualize.us – Innovative image bookmarking tool that lets you to bookmark the images you come across while surfing the web. Unlike other similar sites like ffffound.com you don’t need an invite for this one.
(10) [NO LONGER WORKS] YouGotPhoto – If you’ve got a wifi digital photo frame and would love to include online images from sites like Facebook, Flickr, Picasa or even Google Image Search in that frame then YouGotPhoto is the site you are looking for.
These are just half of the applications that were added to our directory in the last 3-4 days. To keep up-to-date on all directory additions subscribe to MakeUseOf Directory here. To subscribe via email click here.