|Check out some of the latest makeuseof discoveries. All listed websites are FREE (or come with a decent free account option). No trials or buy-to-use craplets. For even more app reviews subscribe to makeuseof directory. Want to submit your application to MakeUseOf directory ? See how here.|
(1) [NO LONGER WORKS] AbouThiSite – Find out who is the owner of the website, the location of the server, other websites hosted on the same server etc.
(2) [NO LONGER WORKS] Delizzy – Gives you one important feature that Del.icio.us doesn’t have. Unlike default Deli.icio.us search, Del.izzy not only searches tags, titles and descriptions but also the actual page content of each bookmark.
(3) Filsh – Convert online videos easily without the need of downloading them first and later uploading the files. Supports YouTube, ClipFish, Google Video, MySpace, Metacafe etc.
(5) WhiteNoise – iPhone app that provides you with variety of soothing sounds (beach waves, crickets, rain forest etc). Read more: WhiteNoise – Relax & Listen to White Noise on iPhone.
(6) Pikchur – Upload and publish your photos on multiple social networks and micro-blogging platforms at the same time. Supports Twitter, Pownce, Tumblr, Jaiku, Facebook, Friendfeed, Identi.ca, Plurk and Rejaw. Read more …
(7) Speed.io – Check the speed of your broadband internet connection. Speed.io shows you the accurate download and upload speeds in Kbits and also the number of connections plus the ping or response time of the connection.
(8) StopForwarding – Offers a polite way to correct unthoughtful email forwarders”¦ anonymously! Here you can send anonymous email and nicely ask your coworkers to stop forwarding spam chain letters to your email address.
(9) WebSourceIt – Not sure which of the two spellings is right ? Head to WebSourceIt. It is a web tool that lets you enter two different phrases/words and find out which one is more popular, measured by search engine popularity. Read more …
These are just half of the applications that were added to our directory in the last 3-4 days. To keep up-to-date on all directory additions subscribe to MakeUseOf Directory here. To subscribe via email click here.