|Check out some of the latest makeuseof discoveries. All listed websites are FREE (or come with a decent free account option). No trials or buy-to-use craplets. For even more app reviews subscribe to makeuseof directory. Want to submit your application to MakeUseOf directory ? See how here.|
(1) [NO LONGER WORKS] BeatThat – Community-powered deals website for consumer electronics (Camcorders, Digital Cameras, GPS Devices, Printers, TVs, and MP3 Players). Read more: BeatThat – Handpicked Deals for Consumer Electronics.
(2) [NO LONGER WORKS] Earfl – Cool way to create, share and listen to stories online. The stories are in the form of voice recording and narrated over the phone. Read more: Earfl – Create, Share And Listen To Stories.
(3) Fuelly – Lets you track, share and compare your gas mileage with others. Find out how much you are paying for a tank of fuel, how much you have paid in total, the amount you have saved, etc. Read more: Fuelly – Track, Share and Compare your Gas Mileage.
(4) [NO LONGER WORKS] Finetuna – This dead simple web app allows you to add text to your pictures online. Upload a photo, add whatever comments you want, and then share it with others. Read more: Finetuna – Add Text to Pictures.
(6) [NO LONGER WORKS] PageTiki – Do you want to be able to track certain webpages for changes and get notified as soon as they are updated? PageTiki allows you to monitor pretty much any webpage for changes. Read more …
(7) [NO LONGER WORKS] RapidPik – If you ever need a free host for your photos with the capability to resize photos online then make sure to give RapidPic a try. Read more: RapidPik – Free Online Photo Resizer and Hoster.
(8) UMapper – Create direction and route maps that can be shared and distributed online. Let’s say you want to suggest a nice route to your friends for the next cycling trip, just go to UMapper, create your map, add comments, place marks, draw lines, polygons etc. and then share it. Read more: UMapper – Create and Share Route Maps with Friends.
(9) [NO LONGER WORKS] WorldTimeEngine – Want to know what time it is in Beijing, New York, London, Brisbane, Moscow etc. right now? Need to lookup time difference for any future date so that you can plan calls and meetings across multiple time zones accordingly? Go to WorldTimeEngine.com. Read more: WorldTimeEngine: Find out What Time is it in XXXXX Right Now ?
(10) [NO LONGER WORKS] YouArchiveIt – Here is something for iPhone users. YouArchiveIt stores all of your SMS mesages online and lets you access them from wherever and whenever you like. Read more: YouArchiveIt – Backup iPhone SMS Messages Online.
These are just half of the applications that were added to our directory in the last 3-4 days. To keep up-to-date on all directory additions subscribe to MakeUseOf Directory here. To subscribe via email click here.