|Check out some of the latest makeuseof discoveries. All listed websites are FREE (or come with a decent free account option). No trials or buy-to-use craplets. For even more app reviews subscribe to makeuseof directory. Want to submit your application to MakeUseOf directory ? See how here.|
(1) Corvile – Corvile provides you with a personal link that you can give out to others instead of email. Read more: Corvile – Email Alternative to Receive, Send and Manage Messages.
(2) [NO LONGER WORKS] Encodor – Another web tool to encode text. Encodor makes the encoded text unreadable unless a person knows the password that was used to encrypt it.
(3) [NO LONGER WORKS] FeedMySearch – Monitor Google search results and easily track stuff that matter to you via RSS feeds. Aprt from tracking web search results FeedMySearch can also be used to stay on top of the latest news related to something you care about, watch video sharing websites for new videos and track blogs for certain topic.
(4) [NO LONGER WORKS] iSubwayMaps – Free subway maps for your iPhone or iPod. At the moment the website lets you download maps for 24 major international cities. More cities being added.
(5) [NO LONGER WORKS] MySurfPad – Customizable startpage with a twist. What makes MySurfPad different from similar services like iGoogle and Netvibes is its out of the box usability. The default startpage already includes most of the websites or services you’re likely to use on a regular basis.
(6) OneWord – Fun little web app that can help you improve your writing and quick thinking ability. OneWord comes up with a word and you are required to write about it for entire minute. At the end of the session you can see and evaluate what you have written. Read more …
(7) PicShadow – Small web utility that lets you add shadows to images. To start, upload an image from your computer or a web page, customize shadow size, color etc. and then click “Generate” link. Read more: PicShadow – Add Shadow Effect to Images.
(8) WebMynd – Firefox extension that automatically saves full version of any webpage you visit so that you can access them anytime later. Visually skim through your browsing history, search for text, access your browing history offline and more. Read more (incl. video): WebMynd – Backup For Your Online Browsing.
(10) ZapReader – Web based speed reading application that can train you to read faster. There is nothing to install or download, simply copy & paste text into the reader and choose your reading speed. Read more: ZapReader – Practise Speed Reading Online.
NOTE: These are just half of the applications that were added to our directory in the last 3-4 days. To keep up-to-date on all directory additions subscribe to MakeUseOf Directory here. Want latest reviews in your email ? Subscribe via email.