|Check out some of the latest makeuseof discoveries. All listed websites are FREE (or come with a decent free account option). No trials or buy-to-use craplets. For even more app reviews subscribe to makeuseof directory.|
(1) Bitnami – BitNami makes it easier to download and install Open Source software packages (i.e. WordPress, SugarCRM, Drupal, phpBB”¦) by bundling each package into preconfigured 1-click setup file. No need to deal with configuration settings or dependencies. Just download a package you need, run installation wizard, and that’s it. Read more: BitNami – Open Source Packages. Simplified..
(2) BureauOfCommunication – Fill-in-the-blank stationary forms for every day correspondence. Whether you need to communicate a problem, send a formal invitation or apology letter, these forms will help you to ensure that your message is clearly conveyed. Read more: BOC – Fill-in-the-blank Forms for Formal Correspondence.
(3) DeviceScape – Unique application that automatically connects your wireless devices (laptops, mobiles, “¦) to any Wi-Fi hotspot or network you or your friends have access to, without the need to go though setup/configuration steps. Read more (incl. video demo): DeviceScape – Connect All WiFi Devices to Any WiFi Hotspot.
(4) DisplayWars – Not sure about screen size? DisplayWars can definitely help you out: instantly visualize and compare different screen types and sizes. Read more: DisplayWars – Compare TV Screen Sizes.
(5) [NO LONGER WORKS] Dosize – Web-based multiple image resizer where you can resize up-to 10 images simultaneously.
(7) Spokeo – Really cool all-in-one online tracker that lets you follow-up on your friends’ online activities without any effort. Spokeo finds and keeps track of your friends’ profiles across all major social networks, blog networks and photo sharing websites. The only thing you need to do is to export your address book. Read more: Spokeo – Find and Track Your Friends.
(8) PedioPhon – Convert Wikipedia articles to MP3 recordings. Once converted, you can either stream audio recordings straight from a browser window or download to your PC or portable device (iPod, MP3 player or mobile phone). Read more: PedioPhon – Text-To-Speech Converter for Wikipedia.
(9) [NO LONGER WORKS] WatchMyCell (Windows only) – Tired of going over on your cellphone bill every month? Check out Watchmycell. This tiny application can periodically check your phone balance and alert you when you’re close to going over.
(10) Xpenser – Simple expense tracker that makes it easy to record expenses as soon as you incur them, via email, voice message, mobile SMS, IM, or Twitter. Read more: Xpenser – Mobile Expense Tracker.
NOTE: These are just half of the applications that were added to our Directory in the last 3-4 days. To keep up-to-date on all directory additions subscribe to MakeUseOf Directory here (via RSS or email).