|Check out some of the latest makeuseof discoveries. All listed websites are FREE (or come with a decent free account option). No trials or buy-to-use craplets. For even more app reviews subscribe to makeuseof directory.|
(1) Alphabetizer – Rearrange and sort any text entries in alphabetical / reverse-alphabetical / random order, make all letters lowercase, remove duplicates, etc. Read more: Alphabetizer – Sort and Rearrange Lists.
(2) Ask500People – Interesting website where you can ask any question with a simple to chose multiple choice answers and get it “quickly” answered by 500 people. However, before your question gets posted for everyone to see, it should pass through a community question board and receive necessary number of votes. Read more: Ask500People – Ask Question to 500 People.
(3) [NO LONGER WORKS] Beam-It – Instantly upload and send picture, music track, video, office document or any other file to your cell phone.
(4) GroceryGuide – Big money-saver for any grocery shopper. GroceryGuide lets you quickly locate grocery sales and coupons for almost all grocery stores in the nearby vicinity. Read more: GroceryGuide – Grocery Coupons and Deals.
(5)– This cool tool allows you to bookmark favorite tracks from hundreds of music websites, organize them into playlists and access and play them just as you would do in your local music player such as iTunes.
(6) MailStore (Windows only) – Extremely useful email backup utility that lets you backup all your emails from multiple accounts (Gmail, POP3, …) and programs (Outlook, Thunderbird, …) into one secure and searchable archive. Read more : MailStore – Backup your Emails.
(7) [NO LONGER WORKS] MyMileMaker – Simple online mileage tracker and fuel consumption calculator for your cars.
(9) SpokenText – Online text to speech converter that can take almost any text document (PDF, Word, PowerPoint, emails, web pages, …) and convert it to an audio file. Read more: SpokenText – Online Text-To-Speech Converter.
(10) Tumblr – Extremely simple-to-use, fast and feature-rich online blogging tool. Offers a number of ‘quick post’ features: event announcement, share Youtube video, post a pictures, publish a joke, etc. If you’re looking for a flexible and easy online blog and don’t want to deal with any technicalities then Tumblr is the tool you need. Read more (incl. video demo): Tumblr – Easy Way to Blog and Share Stuff.
NOTE: These are just half of the applications that were added to our Directory in the last 3-4 days. To keep up-to-date on all directory additions subscribe to MakeUseOf Directory here (via RSS or email).