|Check out some of the latest MakeUseOf discoveries. All listed websites are FREE (or come with a decent free account option). No trials or buy-to-use craplets. For more cool websites and web app reviews subscribe to MakeUseOf Directory.|
(1) QuranFlash – Quran, also spelled as Koran, is the Holy book of Muslims. There are millions of Quran readers on the internet but very few websites provide a proper reading experience. Most of the websites are purely HTML based and require you to browse or search through a large menu to go to the specific chapter. QuranFlash makes reading Quran smoother by providing all the content in an easy-to-navigate flash interface Read more: QuranFlash: Read Quran Online In Flash
(2) PhotoSwarm – is a tool for those who are really into taking pictures, especially professional photographers. It lets you create free photo website and then use it to showcase your photography quickly and easily. You can upload your albums and add galleries without a hassle. Read more: PhotoSwarm: Create Free Photo Websites
(3) Bing4Free – One of the things that Bing has better than Google is their collection of scenic images in their home search page. Now, you can quickly turn these bing images to background wallpapers with Bing4Free. This desktop app automatically downloads images from Bing.com as wallpapers. Read more: Bing4Free: Turns Bing Images to Background Wallpapers
(4) Showtime – is a cool app for the iPhone which helps you keep a track of your favorite shows on TV. What’s interesting here is that it isn’t an iPhone app which you need to download from the Appstore. Instead, it’s a web app created specifically to work on iPhone and iPod touch. Read more: Showtime: Track Your Favorite TV Show Air Times On iPhone
(5) Instantizer – They shut down the Polaroid factory, but if you want to bring that retro-style photography to the digital age there’s always Instantizer.com. This simple web application allows you to upload an image and turn it into a polaroid style image, complete with the psuedo-handwritten note of your choice. You’re even given a link to share with your friends for 24 hours. Read more: Instantizer: Turn Your Photo Into a Polaroid Style Snapshot
These are just half of the websites that we discovered in the last couple of days. If you want us to send you daily round-ups of all cool websites we come across, leave your email here. Or follow us via RSS feed.