|Check out some of the latest MakeUseOf discoveries. All listed websites are FREE (or come with a decent free account option). No trials or buy-to-use craplets. For more cool websites and web app reviews subscribe to MakeUseOf Directory.|
(1) PicTreat – Web based quick photo retouching and smoothing service. It takes your photo and treats it in one click. The retouched picture can then be downloaded, shared via social networks and bookmarked. Read more: PicTreat – One Click Online Photo Retouching Service
(2) BlacklistCheck – Online application that lets you check a number of major DNS blacklists (Sorbs, Spamhaus, NJABL, DSBL, CBL and PSBL) and find out whether your email address has been blacklisted. Read more: BlacklistCheck – Check if Your Email Address is on a Blacklist
(3) KmlFactBook – Unique site which lets you load data sets from CIA Factbook and WRI Earthtrends into Google Maps and create cool presentations. You can view facts such as population of various countries, their GDP, immigration rate and a lot more. Read more: KmlFactBook – Maps CIA World Factbook Data on Google Maps
(4) Listia – Auction site for free stuff, which makes it really easy for people to give away items they don’t use and get things they need. The site has its own currency “credits” which can be accumulated by listing items, referring friends or be bought for real cash (10 credits for $1). Read more: Listia – Get & Give Away Free Stuff Online
(5) [NO LONGER WORKS] NextBigSound – This site provides actionable intelligence for the music industry by tracking the behavior of music buffs online. It tracks the number of plays, views, fans, comments, mentions, and other key metrics for 486,602 artists across major web properties like Facebook, MySpace, Last.fm, Twitter, and more. Read more: NextBigSound – Get Fan Statistics for Music Artists
These are just half of the websites that we discovered in the last couple of days. If you want us to send you daily round-ups of all cool websites we come across, leave your email here. Or follow us via RSS feed.