Cool Websites and Software: (All FREE unless stated otherwise)
- Billshare – simple app for people who share bills. It allows you to easily keep track of who owes who how much by submitting and dividing bills, and payments. Features: Track shared bills, keep record of your spendings, keep track of new receipts posted by friends, etc.
- CopyTrans Doctor – all-in-one iPod repair tool: complete iPod disagnostics, find missing songs, undelete deleted sogs, fix hard drive errors and more. In case you’re new here you can also check out our massive list of iPod tools.
- – excellent tool for your mobile phone. Lets you (1) take snapshots of paper documents, whiteboards, business cards, charts, graphics or text, -> (2) convert them to properly formatted scan-like versions of a document and -> (3) send them directly from your mobile phone to any fax machine or email address. (Note: carrier rates apply)
- DDfont – yet another excellent collection of free text fonts for your documents. And here is a quick guide on how to implement them.
- Google’s Linux Repositories – “Google’s Linux Software Repositories make it easier to download and stay up-to-date with current releases of Google Linux applications.”
- – simple and convenient service to schedule and organize your meetings. Does most of the stuff automatically (negotiates most suitable meeting time, sends out meeting reminders and confirmations, etc.)
- PictoBrowser – “The tool was developed for Flickr users, bloggers and anybody who likes taking pictures and sharing them on their site but finds Flickr lacking the right tools to do so.“
- [NO LONGER WORKS] Qipit – very similar to the above mentioned Comombo, although Qipit also lets you turn document snapshots into searchable PDFs and store them online.
- Templatr – web-based template generator.
Cool Articles and Tips:
- 10 things you can do when Windows XP won’t boot [techrepublic.com]
- Top 20: Most Popular Sites for Bargain Hunters [ebizmba.com]
- Illegal music downloads hit record high [telegraph.co.uk]
- HowTo: Make a Folder icon [webdesign.org]
- HowTo: Get feed updates via text message [lifehacker.com]
Special Thanks to Simly for tipping me 2 of the above apps. ;-)