|Check out some of the latest makeuseof discoveries. All listed websites are FREE (or come with decent free account option). No trials or buy-to-use craplets. And don’t forget to subscribe to makeuseof directory.|
(1) bMovies – Freely watch hundreds of old movies that have been lost in the wasteland of forgotten cinema (40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s). No sign-up required, all you’ll need is a broadband connection and some hours to waste (office hours ? ). Read More: bMovies – Watch Old Movies Online.
(2) CatalogChoice (US only) – Online service that lets you reduce mailbox junk by opting-out from paper catalog subscriptions you no longer wish to receive. Read more: CatalogChoice – Reduce Catalog Spam.
(3) FreePatentsOnline – Comprehensive patent search engine. Search patents, download and save patents as PDF, subscribe to new patents by category, etc. Read more: FreePatentsOnline – Patent Search Engine.
(4) HealthVault (by Microsoft)- Newly launched service that lets people collect, manage and share their health records online. Users can easily gather all of their health information in one place, including records from different healthcare-related sources (insurance plan, doctor, pharmacy). Read More: HealthVault – Collect, Manage, and Share Health Records (incl. video).
(5) Kaltura – Easy-to-use platform for collaborative video projects. Users can create customized pages for their video content, and invite others to contribute and edit content. Any collaborative project can be easily embedded elsewhere on the web. Read more: Kaltura – Collaborative Video Editing (incl. video).
(7)– Helps parents educate their kids about money: introduce them to saving, discourage careless spending, teach them about compound interest, etc.
(8) [NO LONGER WORKS] RocketShotz – Simple service that lets you create custom iPhone-like browser startpage and forward it to your mobile browser. Works with any web-enabled mobile phone and device (PSP, iPod Touch, etc.).
(9) [NO LONGER WORKS] Vixta – User-friendly fedora-based Linux package, with a look and feel of Windows Vista. Probably the easiest Linux package out of all.
(10) [NO LONGER WORKS] WebsiteGrader – Free SEO report for your blog or website. Covers all the basics like incoming link counts, Pagerank, page analysis … and some more interesting stuff as well, i.e. Digg statistics and delicious bookmark counts.
NOTE: These are just half of the applications we have added to our directory in the last 3-4 days. To keep up-to-date on all directory additions subscribe to MakeUseOf directory here (via RSS or email).
Latest Cool Articles and Tips: