|Check out some of the latest makeuseof discoveries. All listed websites are FREE (or come with decent free account option). No trials or buy-to-use craplets. And don’t forget to subscribe to makeuseof directory.|
Announcement: Tomorrow (or day after) we will be rolling out our new theme plus a long-awaited ‘tech fun’ section, so stay tuned. We also got a new guest writer: Aseem Kishore, IT Analyst and tech blogger, check out his blog at Online-Tech-Tips.com
(1) DocuFarm – Online document viewer and search engine. Search web for documents (PDF, Word, etc.), Open documents right in the browser window, Add document viewer to your website and more. More on DocuFarm …
(2) BritePic – Adds interactivity and advertsing to the photos on your website. While it makes in-page images look more interactive it also provides a quick way to integrate non-obtrusive ads to the very top of the image and make some money. More on BritePic (incl. video demo).
(7) Numbr (Tool of the day) – Numbr gives you free, disposable, and anonymous US phone number that forwards all incoming calls to any desired US landline or mobile number. It’s an ideal way to advertise your contact number in unsafe places, i.e. classifieds listings, social networking sites, blogs and yet keep it secure from spammers. More on Numbr.
(8) Rsizr – Intelligent image resizing application that lets you easily resize and manipulate JPG, PNG, and GIF images. In addition to standard image rescaling and cropping features, Rsizr offers “˜seam carving”˜ feature, a new image resizing approach that keeps highly detailed image areas intact. More on Rsizr (incl. video demos).
(9) ViewAt – Impressive application that converts different-angle photographs of a particular place into 3D-like panoramic view. Take multiple shots and re-create 360 degree view of any place. View Demo.
(10) Wakerupper – Quick and no-hassle way to schedule free reminder calls to your phone. No-registration required. Simply enter the number of the phone you would like to be reminded on, your email address, set reminder date, and add an optional message. Read more …
NOTE: These are just half of the applications we have added to our directory in the last 3-4 days. To keep up-to-date on all directory additions subscribe to MakeUseOf directory here (via RSS or email).
Latest Cool Articles and News:
- How To: Clear Your Memory Without Restarting [spence.nu]
- How To: set your favorite website as your new computer’s wallpaper. [walyou.com]
- Top 21 Linux Games of 2007 [linuxgames07.blogspot.com]
- The Best Free Computer System Recovery Tools [lifehacker.biz]
- 10 ways to remove CD scratches [blogmond.com]
More articles about: