|Check out some of the latest makeuseof discoveries. All listed websites are FREE (or come with a decent free account option). No trials or buy-to-use craplets. For even more app reviews subscribe to makeuseof directory.|
(1) Bloove – Web-based contact manager and backup service for your mobile phone: edit address book contacts, add speed dial settings, make calls, send SMS messages, and most importantly backup your contact list online. Any changes you make on the web account will be automatically synchronized with your phone. Read more: Bloove – Contact Manager for Your Mobile.
(2) Bookmoch – User community where members can exchange books they have for the books they want. Unlike other similar sites, BookMooch has rather large and active user base, so there are plenty of books to choose from. Read more: BookMooch – Exchange Your Books (incl. video).
(6) MonkeyTex – MonkeyTeX is a free fully-functional online LaTex editor. Using MonkeyTeX, you can typeset, view and collaborate on TeX / LaTeX documents just as you would on your personal computer. Read more: MonkeyTex – Online LaTex Editor.
(7) SimplifyMedia – Free and absolutely legal service that lets you conveniently share your music library with fiends and let them stream it from wherever they are. It also allows you to access your own music from work, school, or even your iPhone. Read more: SimplifyMedia – Share Music With Friends (incl. video).
(8) steekR – light desktop client (Mac, Win) that allows you to securely backup, store, view, and share your files online. It combines both file sharing and online backup solutions in one service. Also supports file collaboration and remote streaming of stored media files. Read more: steekR – Online Backup + File Sharing Client.
(9) WhatIsThatFile – useful reference for all sort of “unknown” files on your windows computer. Got suspicious file ? Look it up on WhatIsThatFile. It does not cover all of the files, but still worth a try. Just enter a filename and see if it’s a regular Windows file or some kind of virus or trojan. Read more: WhatIsThatFile – Lookup Unknown Files.
(10) WarningSignGenerator – Create and save warning signs and labels online. Simply choose one of provided sign templates (Warning, Notice, Be Careful, etc.), select warning symbol and type in your warning message. Check out Demo Sign here.
NOTE: These are just half of the applications that were added to our Directory in the last 3-4 days. To keep up-to-date on all directory additions subscribe to MakeUseOf Directory here (via RSS or email).
More articles about: