|Check out some of the latest makeuseof discoveries. All listed websites are FREE (or come with a decent free account option). No trials or buy-to-use craplets. For even more app reviews subscribe to makeuseof directory. Want to submit your application to MakeUseOf directory ? See how here.|
(1) Bubbl.us – Free, web app for brainstorming online. It lets you create nice mind maps which are colorful, very easy to create and comprehensive in nature. The mind maps can be embedded in your website or blog.
(2) Filterbit – Online malware scanner. Upload any file and get it scanned for viruses and other malware by multiple antivirus engines. Read more: Filterbit – Scan Files for Malware & Trojans Online.
(3) [NO LONGER WORKS] GreatSummary – Takes any text and gives you back a quick summary of it. It can summarize web pages and basic text pasted from any text document. Copy, paste (link or text), get your summary.
(4) KeyBoardr – Plain search engine with a cool twist. Apart from bringing you the results from multiple sources including Google, Youtube, Google Images and Wikipedia, it lets you quickly navigate through search results using keyboard keys. Read more: Keyboardr – Navigate Search Results Using Keyboard.
(5) MeltMail – Create a short-lived email account that will forward incoming emails to your real email address. You have an option to choose for how long this temporary mailbox should stay alive before it self destructs. Read more: MeltMail – 3-Hour Email Account With Auto-Forwarding.
(6) MiddleSpot – Search tool for individual or group web research tasks. MiddleSpot divides search results into two areas: the traditional text results on the left and a visual gallery of same results on the right. You can share results with others, bundle certain results together, invite colleagues to collaborate on search tasks etc. Read more: MiddleSpot – Visualize, Group, Annotate and Share Searches.
(7) NewFiction – Subscribe to a number of cool iSoaps (new type of audio books similar to old-time serial radio dramas) and listen to them online or on your portable device. The site takes original stories and dramatizes them with voices of dedicated actors and actresses. Read more: NewFiction – Really Cool Free Audio Books Site.
(8) Online Monitor Test – Test the contrast and colors of your monitor. There are two ways you can run the test, either run it online in your browser or download and run it on your Windows machine. Read more: Online Monitor Test – Color Test For Your LCD Monitor & TV Display.
(9)– Create one-time chat rooms. Click on “New Chat”, give your chat room a name and click on “Start Chat”. To invite others, grab provided URL and send it to them. The chatroom will be deleted as soon as your chat session is over.
(10) Tr.im – Another URL shortener. To differentiate itself from the pack, Tr.im decided to make it easy to share shortened url on Twitter or identi.ca. Moreover, it provides a bookmarklet, analytics and other features if you register with them. Read more: Tr.im – URL Shortner To Shorten And Tweet Long URLs
These are just half of the websites that we discovered in the last 3-4 days. If you want us to send you daily round-up of all cool websites we come across leave your email here. Or follow us via RSS feed.