The Common Standards set guidelines for what the topics and skills that students should cover according to their grade. While planning classes, teachers have to factor in the Common Standards and fit them into their course agenda. Here to help teachers easily plan course by keeping Common Standards in view is a website called Common Curriculum.
Common Curriculum is a free to use website that is going to be a huge help for teachers. Teachers start by creating an account on the website and then adding the classes they are going to teach. While adding lessons for each class, they can title the lecture and search for a Common Standard corresponding to that lecture. By keeping Common Standards in view, teachers will always be up-to-date about which topics and lectures to especially focus on. Teachers get numerous other helpful features such as creating a course template to make future course planning easier; broadcasting a course so students can check out the agenda online; and class websites that keep your students up-to-date.
- A user-friendly web service.
- Lets you plan courses by adding Common Standards to lectures.
- Lets you create course templates.
- Offers a class website to keep students up-to-date.
- Similar tools: JumpRope, ClassBadges, Three Ring and Wolfram Education Portal.
- Also read related article: 4 Great Sites To Rate and Review Teachers & Professors.
Check out Common Curriculum @ www.commoncurriculum.com