On many websites the comments sections is filled with obscenities and other spam text you would prefer not to be visible – just ask any YouTube user. Thankfully there are developers out there creating tools to battle the unwanted comments section on websites. CommentBlocker is one such tool.
CommentBlocker is a simple browser extension for Google Chrome. It automatically recognizes the comment section on almost all websites and then hides it entirely. When this is done you see a yellow icon in the URL bar. Clicking on this icon reveals a window detailing the comments that were hidden.
Through this window you can make the comments reappear and add the opened website to the extension’s whitelist or blacklist. Further options such as setting hotkeys can be accessed in the extension’s settings.
- Disable comments on any website.
- Comes as a browser extension for Google Chrome.
- Hides comments on websites.
- Lets you add sites to whitelist to display their comments.
- You can set hotkeys for turning comments on / off.
- Similar tools No Comments, and also read related article: How To Block Ads In Any Browser Without Adblock.
Check out CommentBlocker @ chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/lhkjhnbkeibefoijmacgnnkddlkkmjaf?hl=en-US