People who suffer from colorblindness need tools to help them identify the colors they are viewing on a computer screen. Thankfully such tools exist and many of them are freely available online. One such tool that helps colorblind people as well as web developers is Colorblind Assistant.
Colorblind Assistant is a free to use desktop application for Windows computers. The app helps its users by revealing information about the color their mouse pointer is resting on. After you install the application, you will find its information window in the bottom right corner. This window reveals the name and codes of the color your mouse pointer is on; you can find the RGB and HEX codes clearly written under the name of the color.
Colorblind people can simply read the color name to know which color they are seeing and web developers can use the color codes to replicate the color in their designs.
- A user-friendly desktop app.
- Compatible with Windows computers.
- Names the colors your mouse pointer is placed on.
- Provides the RGB and HEX codes for the colors.
- Similar tools: ColorHexa, ColRD, Wenovo Pictures To Color, Color-Palette-Maker, ColorHunter, ColorSuckr and ColorSchemeDesigner.
- Also read related articles:How To Search For the Perfect Color Scheme
10 Sites to Play with Colors and Create Color Palettes
Check out Colorblind Assistant @ www.achronism.com/indexadv.php#Software