In December 2009, the UK Met Office released data from around 1,500 land stations throughout the world that are being used for climate monitoring. This data contained average monthly temperatures for each station going back several years.
GeoMe Labs made a tool that presents global climate data visually by consolidating these stations on a single world map. The number of locations is highlighted for every region of the world and clicking on the number shows the actual stations. Selecting any of these stations would display the data, the exact geographical location and a list of nearby stations.
For each station, the average temperature values are plotted on a graph and hovering over any point at the graph shows values for that particular point in time.
- See global climate data showcased on a map.
- View average temperatures from last several decades.
- View a graphical representation of the data.
- View 1,500 climate monitoring stations on a map.
- No registration required.
- Similar tool: ClimateMap.
Visit GeoMe @ www.labs.geo.me/climate_data