But PDF is a different beast altogether. If we talk of “˜love triangles’, the PDF format is quite like a prima donna. Sometimes vain and sometimes temperamental.
But a clutch of free tools has arrived on the scene to smoothen out the conversion creases between the two and reduce our dependence on paid software.
Many people wonder if they they can convert a PDF file to a word doc, or the other way around; it can be gauged by our gusto in covering them and the comments they have invited.
We have taken a look at ways to convert Word to PDF:
And we have also taken a look at ways to turn the thing around with PDF to Word or text conversion:
- Create PDFs For Free & Convert PDFs to Word Documents
- How to Convert A PDF to Text With Text Extractor
We as users are spoilt for choice and even then it doesn’t hurt to have one more. And so we have – AnyBizSoft PDF to Word Converter.
AnyBizSoft has a spectrum of PDF tools that are adept at converting PDF documents to the other common formats like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HTML, Text and even EPUB (for eBooks). If you look at the solutions on offer, you will see that all the PDF tools are not free. Downer? Don’t let it be, because the one you might use most often, the PDF to Word converter for Windows went totally free (for non-commercial usage only).
An up to now, paid software going free does send the mouse running towards the download link, but let’s pause awhile and see if the software justifies the “price” tag.
Can You Easily Convert a PDF File to a Word Doc with AnyBizSoft? Yes!
AnyBizSoft PDF to Word Converter (version 2.5.3) comes in as a 6.15 MB download bundle and it installs in a jiffy. You have to get a free key code for registering the product and it’s sent to you in an email. Enter it to have the PDF freeware up and running. You can either open up the main interface or use the shortcut by way of the right click menu.
The interface is grandmother-friendly. Browse to your PDF file, choose a location to save the converted file and click on the large Convert button. The important thing with all conversion software is not how they do it, but how well they do it.
Let’s put off the end result for a while and look at three features you might like:
- AnyBizSoft PDF to Word Converter allows you to batch process a large number of files. Add (or drag and drop) them all and the files are converted in the same order.
- AnyBizSoft PDF to Word Converter detects a locked file, places a padlock icon as a status indicator, and lets you unlock the file from the interface itself. If kept locked, the file conversion of the other PDF files in the queue is not blocked (as in the above screen).
- AnyBizSoft PDF to Word Converter also lets you selectively convert some pages by putting in the desired page numbers.
After the metamorphosis”¦
A conversion job is always benchmarked against what’s desired and what’s acceptable. There is always a gap between the two. Underlining that, I sent our 20 page Linux Newbie Guide PDF eBook through the AnyBizSoft PDF to Word Converter. The eBook (You can get it from our MUO Guides section) has a fair sprinkling of images and colorful tables.
Here’s a view from the PDF file”¦
Here’s the view in the converted Word document”¦
There was some misalignment in the tables but in my opinion, the results are completely acceptable as table conversions are the most difficult to maintain.
All links are preserved along with odd elements like text over background graphics and text formatting.
For the sake of relating, I also sent the same file to the online PDF conversion tool at PDF to Word. The results came out the same with layouts preserved similarly but with some distinct disadvantages:
- The online tool did not let me convert selective pages from the original PDF file.
- I had to wait for the PDF file to arrive in my inbox.
- The online tool cannot handle password protected PDF files.
- Also, for sensitive documents, some of us would be wary of sending it to an online site. All online PDF conversions basically work on the upload and email delivery cycle and some even have PDF file size restrictions.
No such worries here as the desktop software gives me the flexibility to handle PDF conversion jobs as per my dictates. For simplicity, speed, sureness and security, the AnyBizSoft PDF to Word Converter is a download worth its bytes.
AnyBizSoft PDF to Word Converter is also compatible with Microsoft Office 2010 and Windows 7.
How do your conversion jobs go? Let us in on your tools for the PDF to Word tasks.