Whenever you buy a product from a supermarket shelf you never really know all of the information about the product including the company behind the brand, GMO contents and other information. This kind of information is mostly hidden and not shown on the packaging. Without knowing you might be buying products that contain GMO contents (not shown on the packaging) or buying products from companies that act against the causes you care about (e.g. animal rights, censorship, copyright).
It is not easy to track product contents and their manufacturers on your own. That’s what Buycott helps to solve. It is an iOS app that lets you join a campaign to help a cause you care about and commit to actively supporting the companies on your side of the issue, while avoiding those that oppose your position.
Every time before you buy a product, simply scan the product with Buycott. It then determines what company owns the brand and then cross-checks the company against the companies and brands included in the campaigns you’ve joined and tells you if the scanned product conflicts with one of your campaign commitments. If the brand conflicts with your values you can boycott the company by not buying the product, and if it doesn’t conflict, you can then buy their products to show your support.
- Quickly create campaigns around a cause.
- Boycott goods of companies against your cause.
- Shows support for brands that support your cause.
- Look up the ownership structure of any product and trace it all the way back to its parent company with interactive family tree diagram.
- Scans all major retail barcodes (UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN8, EAN13, etc).
Check out Buycott @ https://itunes.apple.com/us/