If you love getting information as soon as it is available, then the Boxcar app for the iPhone and iPad, which recently went free, is for you. It is a push notification tool that pops up notifications immediately when you receive a message on Twitter or Facebook, get an email or have a new unread item in an RSS feed. It’s easy to use and can be customized according to your preferences.
The app requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later, is compatible with iPod touch and iPad and takes up only 5.8MB of space. There’s a paid version too which gets rid of the advertisements. For email notifications, it provides you with an email address where you can forward emails from your primary account.
- Get push notifications on ipad and iphone.
- Nifty push notification app for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
- Works with Twitter, Facebook, Email, RSS, Atom and Growl.
- Supports popular Twitter and Facebook third-party clients.
- Supports multiple Twitter accounts.
- You can customize the settings.
Check out Boxcar@ www.boxcar.io