As a person who sits on the Internet and writes all day, I can tell you how hard it is to stay on task. There is a giant world out there waiting to smash productivity to bits. Websites like Reddit, Facebook and so many cool places make me forget I have deadlines to meet and work to do. Thankfully, Blockr takes care of that problem by blocking the web until you meet your writing goals.
To use Blockr, you will need to create an account where you will define your goals and give yourself a motivational quote. You also set how many hours of Internet access you get for meeting your goals.
Blockr offers a very clean interface for writing. This keeps distractions to a minimum. This is important when you are trying to get things done. Busy screens with lots going on make it hard to focus, and Blockr takes care of that. One thing I noticed was the app did not kick in right away. Once you install the Chrome extension, it may take a little while before it starts blocking the web.
- Blocks Internet access until you meet your writing goals
- Set your own writing goals
- Set amount of time you can get access to the Internet when goals are met
- Provides a minimal writing area to block out distractions
- Similar tools: Focalfilter, ColdTurkey, StayFocusd, MinutesPlease and KeepMeOut.
Find Blockr @ www.blockr.me