If you are an ASCII art fun check out this simple online utility called ASCII-O-Matic. It lets you upload an image and generate ASCII art picture from it. The application supports only JPEG format and has strict image dimension requirements, only accepts images of 60 x 50 pixels. As you can see in the screenshot below the app works best with face portrait photos.
There are also output settings where you can set colors (Black & White or Colored) and characters (Letters or Squares) for the generated ASCII picture. When the ASCII picture is ready you can get its HTML code and save it onto your computer.
- Turn images into ASCII art.
- Supported input image formats: JPG and JPEG only.
- Required image dimensions: 60 x 50 pixels.
- Control output settings: Color, ASCII character type etc.
- Download and save ready art onto your computer.
- Get HTML code to post the pictures somewhere online.
- Similar websites: Text-Image, ASCIIPoster and PicASCII.
Check out ASCII-O-Matic @ www.typorganism.com/asciiomatic