I have come across a number of phone apps that provide great security for iPhones and Android based smartphones. There are 3 basic features these security apps offer: the ability to know where your phone is when lost, the ability to remotely lock your phone and the ability to remotely wipe all of your phone’s data.
Finally a security application containing all these features has been made for Symbian OS, Windows and Android phones; this app is F-Secure Anti Theft for Mobile.
F-Secure Anti Theft for Mobile is a free app for Symbian OS smartphones. As mentioned above, the app has all the features you need to recover stolen cell phone
or at least to make sure that a thief will not be able to use your phone.
Once your phone gets stolen, you can text it your “˜key’ and find its geographical location; another key can be used to lock the phone unless you provide the key again; there is another key that wipes all data off the phone. If your SIM is changed, the phone is automatically locked and you are SMS’ed the new SIM’s number.
- Helps to recover lost cell phones
- A great security application for Symbian OS, Windows and Android running phones.
- You can find your phone’s geographical location.
- You can remotely lock your phone.
- You can remotely wipe data off your phone.
- The phone gets automatically locked once the thief changes the SIM.
- When the SIM is changed and the phone is locked, a number you assigned is sent the new SIM’s number.
- Similar tools: WaveSecure and BuddyWay.
- Also read related articles:
Get F-Secure Anti Theft for Mobile @ F-Secure Anti Theft for Mobile