I have recently discovered a wonderful website that lets you easily share map location by adding notes and details of your own. This service is aMap.to.
aMap.to is a free to use web service that lets you locate places through their Google Maps image. You find places just like you do in Google Maps: either by typing in the exact address, or typing in the wider location and zooming into the place.
Having found your place on the map, you can optionally add details to it; this includes adding a title, adding an image or video to the place, adding directions or comments, typing in the email, URL, and label of the place. By adding all this information you would have created a complete e-badge for the place.
Then you click on a “Create Link” button which provides the URL for your created e-badge. You can share the URL with friends yourself or choose the site’s interface to share it through email or Twitter.
- Easily share maps for any location online
- Site has comprehensive but user friendly functions.
- Lets you locate places through Google Maps then add details to it.
- You map and details form an e-badge.
- This e-badge can be share with your friends.
- Similar tools: Assemble, QuickMaps, MapOf.it and SimpleGuideTool.
- Also read related articles:6 Subway Map Tools To Navigate Your Way Through NYC
Top Mapping Tools: Maps, Local Guides & Driving Directions
3 Cool Twitter & Google Maps Mashups You Should Check Out
Check out aMap.to @ www.amap.to