If you are developing a web application or phone app, then you need to create favicons to place on your app’s toolbars and indicate its logo. You could individually create favicons for each target device or you could save time and use a site called AllTheFavIcons.
AllTheFavIcons is a free to use web service that helps you create favicons for browsers and smart devices. The site asks for an input image file in the JPG or PNG format; input images need to be sized less than 1 MB and be at least 144×144 pixels in dimensions. This image file is resized as favicons for web browsers and iOS devices including the iPad and retina iPhone.
The icons along with their usable code are provided to you in a zip archive normally sized at less than 100 KB.
- A user-friendly web service.
- Resizes images to give you favicons.
- Creates favicons for browsers and smart devices.
- Provides usable code of favicons.
- Similar tools: Favicon Tool, Online Icon Maker, GenFavicon and FaviconTool.
Check out AllTheFavIcons @ www.allthefavicons.com