Evan has already shared 3 FireFox addons that help save you money; this collection is not only about saving: the tools below will help you choose the right retailer, convert currencies, organize your shopping list, and of course save your money as well.
1. Get Updated On Special Offers & Coupons
I prefer Offers.com over other similar addon providers because their database is really huge (over 14,000 coupons) and up-to-date (according to the homepage stats, more than 300 offers added daily). Besides that, the site itself has some nifty features like Offers.com Locker that allows you to watch deals you find or the categories you are interested in.
- You will only “notice” the addon when you are shopping (browsing web stores). So it is clutter-free;
- The addon alerts you of the current offer in the top panel;
- The addon alerts you of the amount of available offers in the browser status bar;
2. Save On Books
Book Burro is a must-have for book-lovers. It works as a price comparison for books.
- The addon works via a small, collapsible pop-up (thus rather clutter-free). Clicking the panel will open up a list of your libraries, book stores and online services.
- It doesn’t slow down your browser as no communication with other sites will occur until it is clicked.
- You can go to each book page on other stores with one click of a mouse (sadly, it opens the page in the same tab though);
- Modify the list of active stores from the tool options.
3. Never Buy From Unreliable Sites
MyWot is the community-based safe surfing Firefox addon that rates all sites based on the complex combination of metrics and scores:
- Trustworthiness: A poor rating may indicate identity theft potential, Internet scams, credit card fraud, phishing, lottery scams, viruses, adware, or spyware.
- Vendor reliability: A poor rating indicates possible fraud or a bad shopping experience.
- Privacy: A poor rating indicates spam, adware, or spyware.
- Child safety: A poor rating indicates the presence of age-inappropriate material (content that is sexually oriented, hateful, or violent in nature).
4. Quickly Convert Currencies
Currency converter is a handy addon that turns particularly useful for non-US shoppers (because, let’s face it, the are more online stores in the US than anywhere else). It helps to quickly convert the prices and get around unknown currencies.
The Addon Has Quite A Few Useful Options:
- Customize the settings based on your location;
- Access daily, weekly, monthly, and annual charts visualizing the historical exchange trends of the currency pair that you were sticking to;
- Save your last conversion and use those FROM and TO parameters for your next conversion request so that you don’t need to make the same selections each time.
5. Track Prices (Amazon)
Price Drop is a shopping companion for Amazon: it adds a link to each product on Amazon offering you to track its price. If you enable tracking, you’ll get a notification if its price drops.
- Track Amazon products with one click of a mouse.
- Check out your tracked product list you are tracking: click the drop icon, or the Tools->PriceDrop menu.
6. Track Delivery Of Your Purchase
PackageMapping extension makes it easy to get tracking information for a package and display the tracking progress on Google Maps.
- Track packages from the context menu (highlight the tracking number, right click, and select “Track and Map Package”).
- The tool currently supports 9 service providers: UPS, U.S.P.S., FedEx, DHL, DHL Global Mail, Purolator, UPS Mail Innovations, MailExpress, CanadaPost.
7. Organize Your Grocery List
Grocery List Generator helps with your grocery shopping. The addon lets you create a well-organized grocery list.
- Organize your item in groups (categories);
- Search your items;
- Keep track of item prices;
- Add comments to each item in your list.
Do you use any tools for a better online shopping experience? Please let us know in the comments!
Image Credit: garethjmsaunders
More articles about: