Facebook is not only a great way to reconnect and stay in touch with friends, relatives, and interesting people. It is also a rich source for entertainment. And I don’t mean the mindless games and psycho tests.
While it seems that most of us lead a rather eventless lives, there are people out there who can fit a meaningful message or funny story in 140 characters. Wouldn’t you like to receive their status updates? Or maybe you would rather be such a creative mind yourself!
Gather up some inspiration and get those creative juices flowing! Here are 20 original and funny Facebook status messages that are different.
People with Problems
- You asked the cop if you could use his in-car computer to update your Facebook. No way you were getting out of a DUI.
- The most awkward part of meeting new people is when my kids say, “Please help us.”
- I drank so much GoldschlÃ¤ger last night, I could shit a necklace.
- If at first you don’t succeed, try drinking beer while you do it. You’ll be amazed at how much less you care.
- He let me duct tape his mouth because I said it was my fetish; I really just wanted him to shut up.
- Eat, drink and be scary.
- I am dying to have a great Halloween with you.
- … wants to remind you this Halloween, that as a general rule, don’t solve riddles that open portals to Hell.
- … wonders if he’s getting old, or if others also ask for high-fiber candy only on Halloween?
- … thinks that cauldron of Halloween candy has been undressing me with its eyes from across the room all night…come here you.
For the New Year
- I will stop using FB as a tool of procrastination and actually do some homework.
- I will avoid taking a bath whenever possible and conserve more water.
- I resolve to work with neglected children. (my own).
- I will stop judging myself on how many people I have on my friends list. Also, stop taking posed, extreme angle profile pics…if you know me you know what I really look like!
- I will try to find a way to politely lose the 4 most annoying Facebook friends.
For Uninspired Times
- Insert coin to view status message.
- If you have a parrot and you don’t teach it to say,”Help, they’ve turned me into a parrot”, you are wasting everybody’s time.
- The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer.
- When I was born I was so surprised, I didn’t talk for a year and a half.
- … is cle’a[ni.ng hi's ke]yb36oa;rd
Need more inspiration? Check out the following pages and my resources for Funny Facebook Statuses:
- Status King (Facebook app)
- The Funny Status Update Website
- Texts Made Public
- Funny Status Messages for Facebook
- Facebook Status Ideas on HubPages
Also check out our other articles on Facebook:
- How Does Facebook Work? The Nuts and Bolts [Technology Explained] by Steven
- 6 Simple Tips To Protect Your Privacy on Facebook by Brett
- 7 Tips For Effective Facebook People Search by Mahendra
- How To Save Your Complete Facebook Chat History by Simon
- Customize Your Facebook Fan Page With A Welcome Tab by Steven
So what was your funniest Facebook status update ever? Please post your favorites in the comments.