Want to start your own blog, but don’t know where to start? You should really look into WordPress, the simplest and most powerful blogging platform available today. Powering over 50% of all blogs, and more than a few other websites, WordPress makes the task of content-management easy for anyone.
Not sure where to get started, though? You should read “Set Up Your Blog With WordPress: Your Ultimate Guide” by author James Bruce. This manual outlines everything you need to know in order to set up a blog and turn it into a real success.
We try to only outline tools we think are useful. MakeUseOf itself runs on WordPress, so you know it’s a tool we believe in. We’re sharing a few of our secrets in this manual, so it’s absolutely not one you want to miss.
This ultimate guide will teach you:
- What WordPress is, and why you should use it
- Where to find hosting for your WordPress website
- Key concepts in WordPress
- Finding the theme that’s right for you
- Blogging and editing content on your new blog
- Basic WordPress SEO tips and tricks
- Promoting your blog and finding readers
- Making money from your blog
- Backing up and recovering your WordPress site
- Optimizing and scaling your site for high traffic
Guide Published: October 2011