Want to start your own blog, but don’t know where to start? You should really look into WordPress, the simplest and most powerful blogging platform available today. Powering over 50% of all blogs, and more than a few other websites, WordPress makes the task of content-management easy for anyone.
Not sure where to get started, though? You should read “Set Up Your Blog With WordPress: Your Ultimate Guide” by author James Bruce. This manual outlines everything you need to know in order to set up a blog and turn it into a real success.
We try to only outline tools we think are useful. MakeUseOf itself runs on WordPress, so you know it’s a tool we believe in. We’re sharing a few of our secrets in this manual, so it’s absolutely not one you want to miss.
This ultimate guide will teach you:
- What WordPress is, and why you should use it
- Where to find hosting for your WordPress website
- Key concepts in WordPress
- Finding the theme that’s right for you
- Blogging and editing content on your new blog
- Basic WordPress SEO tips and tricks
- Promoting your blog and finding readers
- Making money from your blog
- Backing up and recovering your WordPress site
- Optimizing and scaling your site for high traffic
Guide Published: October 2011
How To Download
Use the share buttons below to download!
Option 1: Very easy! Share this page on Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus. You need to use the buttons above to share and your download link will be revealed right below! That would also help us spread the word. Thank you!
Option 2: Subscribe to MakeUseOf Newsletter and get unlock password to our downloads. Enter the password below to download the file. (Already subscriber? Re-enter your email in the newsletter subscription form to retrieve the password).
Option 3: Purchase the book on Amazon. You'll have to pay 99 cents, but you don't need to subscribe to or share anything. You'll also directly support the creation of these guides.