Yay for free stuff! You can get T-shirts, commercial software (and some cool gadgets, too) for doing what you may already do: Enjoying MakeUseOf and sharing our content.
What’s On Offer?
That’s a Google Nexus 7 tablet. We gave one like it to users for points – not a random draw like our awesome giveaways, but as a reward they could simply redeem for points while supplies lasted.
That Nexus 7 is just one of the crazier examples out of a long, long list of items we are giving away to for points. Other items include subscriptions to LastPass Premium, full (and legal!) versions of software that usually costs money, t-shirts, and more.
So How Does It All Work?
We’ll keep this short:
- Create an account: You can do this with either an email address or a Facebook login.
- Read MakeUseOf.
- When you find a post you enjoy, share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ using the share buttons on the page.
- Profit! :) For every share you will get points, up to a set daily limit.
Then, when you feel like checking out what you can redeem, go to the rewards page and see what’s on offer. That link will only work when you’re logged in, by the way.
The Fine Print
Users agree to a few rules by participating in the rewards program.
- Exploits, attempted or successful, can result in account termination and loss of all points.
- Only one copy of each reward can be redeemed per person. Attempts to circumvent this will be considered an exploit.
- Rewards come with no warranty or support through MakeUseOf. You can, however, contact us if you have trouble redeeming your points.
- Reward points have no monetary value