1. MakeUseOf.com recommends dozens of cool websites and free products/services on a daily basis. In most cases, we test the services and apps thoroughly beforehand. We would like to state that we cannot be held liable/responsible for any loss/damage/discomfort occurred as a result of using a MakeUseOf recommended product/service.
2. Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of MakeUseOf.com. However, if a software or service were redeemed using your MakeUseOf points from our Rewards page or if you participate in a giveaway, your email address might be provided to the relevant vendor for registration/activation and ongoing support purposes.
3. Other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through MakeUseOf.com have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions.
4. For newsletter management and distribution, MakeUseOf uses services offered by Dyn and Google’s Feedburner. While these are established companies that are known to be reliable when it comes to keeping their servers secure we can’t be held responsible/liable for any breaches or customer data loss that may occur at those companies.
5. MakeUseOf.com will never ask for credit card details and request that you do not enter them on any of the forms on MakeUseOf.com. You may be able to pay MakeUseOf via PayPal for certain services but we do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties.
8. Cookies may also be used by third party content providers such as ad networks and analytics services we work with. Third party ad networks that are serving ads on MakeUseOf.com may be placing and reading cookies on your browsers, or using web beacons to collect information as a result of ad serving.
9. Also keep in mind that third party ads served on MakeUseOf.com (i.e. from Google Adsense) are likely to be customized to reflect user’s (in this case you) interests. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about the contents of these ads and/or their privacy policies.
10. Our Facebook application will gather specific public information about you: whether you’ve liked our Facebook page and your location. We use the gathered information to display the relevant offers to you through our application. Your information is never shared or stored in any way.
11. If you choose to purchase premium content from MakeUseOf, it will be delivered electronically according to the schedule set specifically for each product and explained on the individual product page. You will be able to apply for a refund within 30 days of the original purchase date.
12. Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links on MakeUseOf.com are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” For more information about our use of affiliate links, please read our Affiliate Disclosure.